Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Snow day!

Well, we FINALLY got to strap on the snowshoes and get out and play!


We really lucked out because it snowed all day and it's such a treat to be able to snowshoe while it's still snowing.


My ankle was still sore but honestly, it felt better snowshoeing than it did shopping in those damn devil shoes so I was going to push it as far as I could.  We were able to do four laps which is 3 1/2 miles so it would basically equal one way to the cabin at Trapp Lodge that I'm shooting for in December.


Knowing that tells me that I need to keep up the booty work (no choice in that matter but still) and maybe doing some knee strengthening exercises could be beneficial too.

The Mr decided it best to stay off his skis since he got injured pretty bad the last two times he did it.  Never the less, being a dude,  he wanted an action shot.


We were the only two shoers to be on the trail but we went around so many times, it looks like a busload from snowshoe club escaped from school early.


When we got home, I immediately began work on our chili rice bowls (thank you, Hawaii) and he cut up my veggies for the week then promptly conked out on the couch.  We'd spent a lazy morning in bed so we ended up skipping breakfast (well, had breakfast for lunch) and I think we were both ready to dive headfirst into our dinner.


It was a wonderful day and we stayed toasty warm especially with our hand warmers in our gloves.  I think it should be cold enough for the snow to stick around until Friday so if it does, I'd like to try to go back out Thursday.  The Mr. started pondering jobs in his field in Vermont as we talked about how nice it would be to get season passes and do this almost every day in the winter.  Gotta admit, that made me smile.  He said he is so glad he's not one of those people who b*tches about the snow anymore.  Yes, it sucks to drive in but when you find something fun to do in it like ski, snowshoe, build a snowman, sled, build snow lanterns, make snow angels, go tubing or just sit inside with a mug of hot tea watching the snow lightly fall to the ground...it makes you truly appreciate the beauty of the season.

What is your favorite way to play in the snow?

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Or you can follow me on Facebook )

4 comments:

  1. That was great! I had a blast and wow, what a workout! I am sore today but that is a good thing cause we worked hard. Getting out and playing in the snow definitely changes your perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These days I'm more likely to sit inside with a warm drink and watch the snow fall. As a kid I loved everything about snow. Skiing, snowmen, sledding. I think I would really like snowshoeing and cross country skiing, but we get so little snow here that I can't justify buying either for that maybe once a year I'd be able to use them.

    I'm glad you got out on the snow and had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun day you had! Love that. The only thing I enjoy about snow is romping around with the dogs outside, but it has to be the fluffy stuff or else their paws don't like it. I enjoy watching the snow from a cabin if I don't have anywhere to go. But I've never been a huge snow fan and that's probably because I've been shoveling since I was seven years old. LOL I did get in over two full hours of shoveling yesterday morning and night last night so that was a good 1700 calorie burn at least. My plan is to move south in the next few years where I'll still get some snow but on a much smaller scale where I can truly enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you guys finally got to enjoy the snow!! I love the snow too, but hate driving in it. We have 4-7 inches heading our way overnight. Should be fun! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)