Friday, July 8, 2016

What I'm Reading This Week #27

Happy Friday all!

I want to first take a moment to thank everyone for their amazing comments and messages this week with some of these difficult posts.  This week has just been one long Calgon commercial and I am thinking of just sinking back into the tub and trying to put all of this behind me.  Couple that with extreme frustration on the weight front (2 lb gain for NO effin' reason last week) and feeling just generally stuck in life and it's been the week from hell for me emotionally.  Life...no one gets out alive.  LOL

I hate to share these things because I don't want to feel like a Debbie Downer but I feel like if I don't, I'm not actually sharing an authentic life with you guys.  I think it's important to know that we all have ups and downs and it's nice to know you can help others see they're not alone or maybe make them see things in a different light.

Unfortunately due to all of that other crap, apparently I didn't read a whole lot this week but I will share with you what I did bookmark.  So let's get right to...



Learning to Care for Yourself While Caring for a Loved One With Alzheimer's  (Obviously I write!  LOL)

Your Weight-Loss Plan is Ruining Your Life  (Good Lord, I needed to hear this today)

9 Ways to Sneak Physical Activity Into Your Daily Routine  (Rent a bear to chase me around the house isn't listed?  Feels like that's the only thing that would get me off my butt some days)

The 12 Questions to Ask Yourself Before Making a Big Decision  (Weighing some stuff now)

Should I Wear A Waist Trainer In The Gym?  (That's just gross)

52 Brilliant Ways to Spice up Boring Tofu  (Might give a few of these a try!)

This coffee shop prank perfectly demonstrates the risk of sharing data online  (Take note for all of those who share a little too much online)

15 Photos That Only a Type A Person Will Appreciate  (Actually the pencil point drives me nuts.  My neck feels tingly anticipating the feel of a point that sharp.  #4 is SO true.  Why can't I be type A about cleaning??)

Mighty ‘Old Man’ Leverich punks Muscle Beach strongmen  (This video is hilarious.  I've been there and so wish this was real.  Even in my teen years I still never even looked over at those attention whores.  Didn't stop me from buying a neon pink baseball hat that said Muscle Beach on it.  I was apparently into irony even then given I was a fat teen too!)

Take a Road Trip to Your Favorite TV Show's Real-Life Filming Locations  (I got all excited until I actually read the article and don't/never watched a single one of these shows.  But figured there are more than enough fans to share it with y'all)

Meet the Voice Behind AOL's 'You've Got Mail'  (Courtesy of the Mr)

I have about 3 different road trips I wouldn't mind taking tomorrow and I don't care which one we do, I just know if I stay around the house, I'm going to set something on fire.  Sometimes working from home feels like prison.  Hand me my tin cup and cuffs.

Are you guys escaping anywhere this weekend?

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Or you can follow me on Facebook )

3 comments:

  1. I guess I will be escaping somewhere this weekend but I have no idea just where yet. Kinda fun if you think about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've had a tough week - you deserve a road trip. Have a fun weekend and just...let...go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a stress-induced week for you. I'm so glad to hear you have a few destinations in mind for the weekend so tomorrow morning you guys can take your pick and head out to the great wide yonder. Getting out of the house is crucial for sanity. It's supposed to be in the low 80's and low humidity this weekend here, so hopefully you'll have the same thing.

    I have a meeting tomorrow and not much else planned -- for which I'm grateful. Just how home a few minutes ago from picking my friend up from the hospital so that's all done now. It was a weird week so too much mental turmoil, so I'm hoping the better weather will get me outdoors and in a more Zen frame of mind. =o)

    Have a super duper weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)