Thursday, July 14, 2016

Grilled Honey Chipotle Zucchini

Just a quickie recipe for you guys today.  When we were in the country last weekend, we stopped by this farmers market that had massive zucchinis.  I'm talking these things would give Tommy Lee goals if you know what I'm sayin'.  They were 3 for $1 and I am now swimming in salami sized zukes I must use soon.  I got a start on that task last night...


I grabbed some of my Big Island Bees Chipotle Pepper Honey but Beekman 1802 also sells a similar flavor with a bit more punch depending on your spice level.  Look how that zuke takes up 3/4 of the cutting board!


I sliced off the ends and cut it lengthwise.


Then I cut those halves in slices.


I was prepping for later so I bagged 'em but you could just skip this step if you're getting right to business.


I gave a nice squirt of canola oil to the skillet.  (I use Target's canola oil that doesn't have propellants in it.  So far, so good)


I put it on medium high and added the zucchini and some fresh black pepper.


I like 'em to get that nice little crust on either side.


Now you could totally stop here and be done if you wanted to.


I didn't wanna.  So I added about 1 tablespoon of the chipotle honey.


I gave it a nice toss and it was ready to serve.


We had it with turkey tacos and I added the pinchiest pinch of salt at the end since salt draws out water.


Basically any calories comes from the honey so this side dish clocks in at about 35 calories!

Do you grow zucchini?  How do you like to prepare yours?

Linked up with French Country Cottage

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Or you can follow me on Facebook )

4 comments:

  1. It was excellent and I am still amazed at the calories for what is a very filling side dish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zucchini isn't one of my favorites, but I'll eat it if it's put in front of me. I like it tossed with a little light Italian dressing & grilled/broiled with some Parmesan cheese. Coated in honey would probably be pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delish! I make grilled zucchini or zucchini rounds. Mix 2 cups shredded zucchini with 2 eggs, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, 1/3 cup baking mix (whole grain, bisquick, gluten free.. any type works), salt/pepper. Griddle like pancakes. I've also added grated onion and used other cheeses. Fast and simple!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have some in our garden. I sliced one last night and breaded it with some panko and Parmesan and baked it. I thought it was quite good. This recipe sounds like it would be less calories however. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)