Thursday, May 19, 2016

Review of Beekman 1802 Pantry Pancake Mix

I love me some pancakes...it's true.  I can't help it.  We rarely have them on high cal day because it's just so hard to find good, fluffy ones anymore especially at restaurants that have the word pancake in their title.  What's up with that?  (Am I the only one that broke into SNL's skit...."ooooh weee!  What's up with that?  What's up with that?"  I am?  Nope...the Mr just did.)

Anyhoo, back to pancakes.  I'm a big time Beekman 1802 fan ever since visiting their store in Sharon Springs.  When I saw they were bringing a pantry line of products to Target that would donate back a percentage of the profits to small American farms...I was all over it!  When I saw they had pancakes, well sign me up!


Okay, so here's a peek at the nutritional info as well as the ingredients.  It's really hard to find pancake mixes that aren't 450-600mg of sodium per serving so I was happy with the numbers on this.


I love how much of it is all organic ingredients but how would it stack up?  I mixed together the wet ingredients and it was thin enough to make me a little nervous.


I used my ice cream scoop and put it in a medium heat skillet, covered it and waited for the results.


Little bubbles?  Check!


I gave it a flip and well...I was less than impressed.


So I decided to do other things and gave the batter 15 minutes to incorporate and thicken a bit.  I put the next one in the skillet and waited for it to rise as it was under cover and then crossed my fingers.


Now that's what I'm talking 'bout!


Each following pancake was perfectly cooked with nice browned edges.  There was actual taste unlike other semi-healthy pancake mixes we've tried that tasted like cardboard.  Not this mix!  There's this great slight sweetness to it that comes through.  They were quite the welcome guest in mah pancake hole.


Pair it with a little pat o' butter and some real maple syrup and that is a mighty fine way to have brunch!


Definitely pick up a box of this if you see it not just because pancake = delicious but because buying from the Beekman Pantry is a great way to support our farmers.  Vote with your wallet and show big business you want to see more of this!

You should be able to find Beekman Pantry items including this mix at your local Target.  If you prefer to pick some up with a lot of other great farm to you products just click on through to

Beekman 1802


Have you tried Beekman 1802 products?  Which are your favorite?

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Or you can follow me on Facebook )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)