Monday, February 22, 2016

Weekend Recap

Weekend's over again, eh?  Hmmph.

Saturday we headed to a diner we'd been trying to go to for 3 weeks but there was always a wait. Well, the wait was the worst we've seen it so we just hunkered down and by the time we got in there, a big breakfast was required before I either ate my own arm or passed out.  By the time we left, we were so full, we considered napping in the car but my wee meter wasn't having it, so we found the nearest grocery store.  Then we perused a bit and I grabbed some nanas and oranges that looked good.  As we were in line, I realized I needed to run go to the bathroom again.  Why is it every time you are forced to drop a deuce in a public restroom, the rest of the women in the store decide they need to go too?  *shaking head*

We made a few more stops and enjoyed the 65 degree day before having to head back for home to get ready for dinner.  It's funny, we never have a reservation for dinner but when we do, it always ends up being the last thing I want.  It didn't help both of us were still kind of full from breakfast so we didn't enjoy it as much as we would have if we went with empty stomachs.  We'll likely go back though so lesson learned.

We talked in the parking lot so we wouldn't get landsharked.  As the sun was setting, I told the Mr to go to the airport.  We were able to catch it before the sky got totally dark which was nice.


We used to go to the airport all the time when we were dating to watch the planes take off from the gates or people watch as passengers came and went.  See kids...before 9/11, you were actually able to go through security without a boarding pass and wander all public areas of airports and just hang out and dream of going anywhere but where you were.  No one gave you side eye.  No one blew up your bag if you happened to leave it to run to the bathroom.  When you got off the plane at your gate, your family or friends would actually be waiting for you as you came off the jetway.  There was nothing better than coming off a long flight than to see the smiling faces of people you loved who were welcoming you home.  Now?  Now, you can't park at the baggage claim for people you're picking up, they make you circle because somehow sitting there makes you "suspicious."  Now, the closest you can get is just before TSA and trust me, unless there are soldiers or an honor flight coming home, don't no one wanna pick yo ass up from the airport anymore.  It's just not the same.  Twenty somethings (and even a few early 30 somethings) will never know the joy of those days.  I'd better stop...this is turning into a good ol' days rant.  Eh, I don't care.  It truly was the good old days.  It was something I took for granted until terroristic bastards ruined it for the rest of us.  Sigh.

Anyhoo...

We did have some fun on the moving walkways in the parking garages by walking backwards and doing our rendition of Danny and Sandy singing "You're the One That I Want" complete with the spin before the "honey."


I know, we amuse ourselves.

I figured since it was late, maybe we could knock off Trader Joe's and Target so we wouldn't have to go all over town Sunday.  Of course TJ's was out of like a quarter of what we needed.  Don't eff with my mango yogurt, people.  No brussels sprouts.  No chicken tenderloins.  No mango chunks.  Oh well.  We swung by Target and of course picked the wrong line to check out but we'd already unloaded so we had to sit there while the cashier was trying to figure out the right price for a shirt.

I didn't get good sleep going into Sunday and finally dragged myself out of bed about 9:45am.  Since we do brunch on Sunday, I planned out our food for the day and when the Mr came down complaining of pit hunger, I whipped him up a yogurt smoothie to tide him over until I had brunch ready.


An open faced Mexican Sammie.  Chipotle dusted sourdough (yes, I eat and manage bread...just like Oprah), garlic wilted spinach and black beans with jalapenos, 2 eggs sunny side up, 1 serving of 40% less fat/nitrate free bacon, 1 ounce of caramelized onion cheese with 1/2 tsp of chipotle Tabasco and jalapeno tomatillo hot sauce.  It was fun to listen to the Mr giggle with glee with pretty much every bite.  It was so good and I love having stuff on hand to be able to throw together surprise brunches full of good stuff we love.  We ran to the remaining grocery for our fruits and veggies, did our food prep and got downstairs for leg day.  *Groan*

What did you guys do this weekend?

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Or you can follow me on Facebook )

5 comments:

  1. It was a fun weekend. Lots of good eats too. They do go by so fast though and I could use one more day for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun weekend!
    It felt like Dorothy and Toto land here by the windy city on Friday. 62 degrees out with 80 mph winds. I got lucky as a huge tree I needed cut down got topped so I can now finish it off myself. That saves me the $600 the guy wanted to chop it down!
    Cleaned up all the poop soup in my backyard finally. Pup pup got a spa day, pawdicure and bathy. Got the lights off the shrubs and the wreath off the garage so I guess Christmas is over! Read a great book called Broadcasting Happiness and saw Magic Mike for the first time since HBO was free all weekend. Didn't get taxes done or vacay tics bought which was the plan. Oh well.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The boy's school play, both shows so both afternoons. Plus my parents visited and helped me move a bunch of stuff around in the basement so I can go through it and start purging stuff more easily. The guest room is now empty of all but the bed and a rocking chair, and the floors are shampooed and clean smelling. I'm just going to pretend that the laundry side of the basement doesn't exist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That breakfast sounds really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weekend was not good for the most part due to bleeding issues. But I did manage to see a friend who was in town and we had a lovely visit. Just gabbed for six hours. =o) Sunday was a bust, so I'm glad the weekend is over. My cousin and aunt are coming in to town and want to get together on Thursday at my uncle's so I'll be doing that. Lots going on this week so I'm going to be pretty pooped!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)