Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Pooped from prep

Good Lord it's been a super busy time for prep the past two days!

Since I became pretty well versed at making granola, I wanted to experiment with bars a bit.  I had some dates sitting around, it was easy to start throwing stuff in a bowl and see what popped up.


Hello lover.

The Mr seemed to enjoy them so I'll make them again.  I might make another tweak and then I'll share the recipe.

I made chili because we like "second day chili" so that'll be tonight and tomorrow's dinner.  It'll be nice to just reheat and not have to do a big production to get dinner together after workouts.  Since the Mr is still rehabbing the shoulder, I had to workout early because it was upper body.  I must admit I wasn't really looking forward to it because my shoulder is a little sore but nothing along an injury.  I was exhausted all day with all of my cooking and prepping and honestly the last thing I wanted to do was work out.  Sigh.  But I did it and sent the Mr a note of an ingredient I needed on his way home.

Of course it figures that he got hung up at work and left 3 hours later than he was supposed to the night I was going to get fancy for dinner.  I did as much ahead of time as I could and he went straight down and did T25 Focus.  I'll admit, I kind of miss having some people variety in my workout.  I'm thinking instead of going straight into the next round of FBFit that I'm going to take a week off and do some Turbo Fire and stuff like that.  When he came up, I got the rice together and presented dinner...


Shrimp and veggie spring rolls with garlic brown rice.  It was really good but not super filling so I was glad I made those bars for our snack later.  It was my first try at spring rolls so they didn't look very professional but I found a great tutorial that really helped.  I'm sure more are in my future.

My legs were yelling at me for being on them for so long so I gave the gams a roll with the stick while the Mr iced his shoulder.  Aren't we a pair?  The only thing left on the agenda for the night was watching the finale of Kids Baking Championship and collapsing in bed.  (The Mr beat me to it by conking out on the couch.)

Do you prep your meals for the week or do it all the night of?

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Or you can follow me on Facebook )

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the hard work! That dinner was amazing and those bars are better than store bought! Mmmmm. I want some more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I manage the time I like to do prep ahead of time, but mostly I'm scrambling at the last minute. I batch cook chicken so I've got pre-cooked chicken in the freezer all the time but otherwise any kind of meal is a production.

    Mixing up your workouts sounds good. I imagine the same faces all the time would get old pretty quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the most part I try to do prep the night before or at least the morning of. When I'm really on top of things, I'll assemble just about the whole thing the night before and then let it sit out for an hour before putting it in the oven. If I can get the chopping done and the dry ingredients mixed, I feel like that's half the battle and then I don't get so tired when I'm cooking the following day (and less dishes!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do mine pretty much all one day a week:Sunday. It can be a little exhausting day of (though less now than a year ago), but I find it worth it during the week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do mine pretty much all one day a week:Sunday. It can be a little exhausting day of (though less now than a year ago), but I find it worth it during the week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)