Monday, October 20, 2014

Maple Pumpkin Puff Cookies

One day, we were traipsing up and down the food aisles of Target and I was stopped in my tracks.  I saw a maple brown sugar cake mix from Pillsbury for $1.25 and I grabbed two of them for the upcoming holidays.  I mean what says Fall recipe more than maple brown sugar?

Well, maybe this...


This is a super easy recipe that you will want to keep the first two main ingredients on hand during this season of get togethers because it can literally be done so quick that even a last minute invite will have you the hero of the party.

Here's what you'll need:

1 box Pillsbury Maple Brown Sugar cake mix
1 15 oz can pure pumpkin (not the pie mix)
1/4 cup Pillsbury Maple Brown Sugar frosting
1 tbsp apple cider or milk  (not pictured)


Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, add the dry cake mix and the can of pumpkin.


Give it a stir until combined.


Lightly spray or use a Silpat non-stick silicone baking mat (I never bake without mine!  Wonderful!) and use a small cookie scoop to dip into the goodness.


I put 12 dollops of dough on a large cookie sheet.


Bake for 15 minutes.  As you can see, they basically look the same coming out as they did going in.


If you're a perfectionist that wants a completely flat cookie, wet your finger with a little water and smooth out the top but for this recipe it won't matter.  Transfer to wire rack to cool while the next batch bakes.


Ready the frosting for dipping your cooled cookies.  Put the frosting and apple cider in a small bowl.


Give it a stir until combined and the perfect dipping consistency.


Dunkaroo!


A nice, thin frosting cap.


Repeat with the rest of the cookies or drizzle over the top if you want a more fancy pants look.


Try not to fall in mapley love.



Clocking in at about 85 calories per cookie...take two...I won't tell!  ;-)

If you can't find the maple cake mix, a spice cake works very well with this!

Linked up with Yesterfood, Sand and Sisal

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Or you can follow me on Facebook )

6 comments:

  1. Those are definitely a great last minute recipe. I'll have to watch for that cake mix. I've never seen it, but then I've never actually looked for it either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use spice cake to make mine, they are delicious! I'll have to look for the maple cake, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just scored the maple brown sugar cake mix for .62/box. I got a few! Also just cooked and froze all my pumpkin so I have everything I need. I made powdered sugar icing with a touch of maple syrup for dipping. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These seem so easy that they are going to be a last minute add to my holiday desserts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are super easy and always go quick! "Cookie crack" is what my family calls them! LOL

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)