Friday, April 5, 2013

Gynie...take two and Food Journal Friday

Welp, let's hope that no babies are on the fast track to come into this world via my gynie so I can get my annual out of the way today.  Ahh, nothing like a speculum.  I'm thinking we do our workout this morning then I can do a scrub down, get Kentucky Jellied and we can go about our day with no looming workout to be home for.  

I am happy to report I have been rocking the water this week.  Of course I've been peeing like a race horse but still.  I forgot to report that NSV in yesterday's post.  I've got a test recipe to put together this weekend. Guys, I'm so sorry I've been slacking on the recipe front.  I promise I'll do better.  I just wasn't really feeling it but I'm getting re-inspired so I think you'll benefit.

I also was a bad girl and forgot to take a pic of dinner Sunday and Monday so I don't have the full week in pics food wise but I'll fill in as best I can.

Sunday morning I took a pic of breakfast, will that do?


Easter breakfast was pineapple banana chia pancakes with maple and coconut syrup, a denver omelet with one whole egg and two whites and 2 slices of center cut bacon.  Calories:  645

Dinner was a leftover ham sandwich (which I shouldn't have had because it bloated me up but good) and cantaloupe and pineapple.  Calories:  470

Monday dinner was a plain mahi burger with 1/2 tbsp of BBQ sauce, russet wedges with 1 tbsp ketchup and grilled green beans.  Calories: 310

Tuesday was caramelized onion pesto chicken over whole wheat alfredo.  It had been so long since I've made pasta that I needed to look up what a serving was.  Der.  Calories:  724


Wednesday was awesome.  Time for at home "take out!"  My mini chicken cilantro won ton soup and faux fried "rice" with lots of veggies and 4 oz of chicken breast with 2 tbsp of Trader Ming's General Tso's sauce. Calories:  615   If I had gotten a similar meal at the chinese place up the street, it would've been 1450 calories!  An 835 calorie savings...boo-ya!


Thursday was crab stuffed flounder over thai lime rice with a side of brussels.  Calories:  680


Tonight's dinner will be fish taco with a side of brussels.  Calories:  485


Nothing really on tap for us this weekend.  It's supposed to be nice so we'll probably get out and about.

What's on your agenda for the weekend?

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Or you can follow me on Facebook and Twitter )

8 comments:

  1. You definitely have done a great job on your water this week and I am proud of you! The food has been awesome all week but I have to comment on the Chinese take out specifically because - seriously, that broke da mouth! You can make that any time! MMMMMMM! Can't wait for you to share that one, people are going to loooove it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to hire you to cook for me. Your meals always look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As usual - what you ate looks better than what I ate.

    No fixed plans this weekend, but the weather is supposed to be really nice so I'm hoping for a lot of outside time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dinners look delish! What is the rice in the faux fried "rice"??
    The brussel sprout pictures are working on me. I haven't had them since I was a child and their appearance resulted in an unpleasant dinner experience for the family since my sister didn't want to eat them. After all the pictures of them looking so appetizing I'm going to give them a try again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I want to make pancakes with chia! That is a good idea.

    I hope you have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Upon learning only recently that the 2-oz. serving size for pasta was *before* it was cooked, I now have that memorized. :)

    No big plans for me this weekend. We're supposed to have sun and warmth, so I'll be spending a lot of time outdoors. I might even get my bike tire fixed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always have to look up the serving size on the pasta - I think I keep hoping it will be bigger than I remember. I am often wrong...I LOVE pasta... sigh....
    As for the weekend - would love me some outside time ripping up old dead plants, figuring out what I want to plant this year. We have even been thinking about trying a garden again this year. What I will probably end up doing is finishing up the taxes... sigh...
    Maybe they will get done fast and I can get my bike out and take it for a spin..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job with the water! Tomorrow I have a meeting in the morning, then we're taking the dogs to a groomer who's working on getting licensed so she's doing all this for free for her school. So they will get a good bath and brush and then if it's not raining, we'll take them for a walk at the park around the lake. Other than that, I'm not sure. Our new comforter will arrive tomorrow so I'm excited to see how that works out. Hopefully Sunday will be MUCH better than last Sunday way, where I can get my head out of my keister mood-wise. =o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)